Monday, July 7, 2008

Summer- It isn't over until. . . . .

You do completely goofy stuff with a bunch of ALMOST strangers. (relatives) for an entire day at family reunion. It all started with some innocent disk passing between the legs and over the head.



Things got more serious when we had to really find out just how low you could go! My poor Brother in-law lost his hair on this one. Scalped I tell you!

Obviously my oldest takes after his dad on flexibility. "Hey Jake, don't forget you have a growth on your shoulders you need to get under that bar!"


And then when you are all good and sweaty, how about snuggling closely to a stranger for some three legged fun? (I think by this point I may have had sweat dripping to my waist line:) Attractive, I know!


A great way to end the reunion is to have a "Not So Newlywed" game. I think it may have been a way to end some marriages too;)


13 comments:

Trooper Thorn said...

Nothing makes you feel like family more than mutual embarasment. Any mild injuries which can be used for grudge-holding or can be brought up out of the blue at future reunions after too much peach cider?

Jana Nielson said...

Ummmmm.....are we related to the pregnant girl above the Newlywed sign??? Who are these people??

Hey It's Di said...

Maybe if you attended the event Lola you would know your relations:) Yes, that is our cousin silly!

Joanna said...

I don't blame Lola for not going! Six kids!! Count them: 1-2-3-4-5-6!! We only have 1, but we still didn't go. How was the Newlywed game? Did you participate?

Anonymous said...

Never had a family reunion! The invitations would consist of: me

Now I understand why there's been no parties!

Looks like FUN!

Nancy Face said...

That looks like so much fun! :D

Nancy Face said...

I have never been to a Family Reunion...we've had lots of extended family parties and even trips, but only with people who actually KNOW each other! ;)

Neil said...

Thanks for the second look at the reunion....it really sucks that one family won all the prizes!! haha..had to let them win so they would come again next time. MUM

Alice said...

That looks like fun! I live close to all my husband's relatives and any event is a real snoozer. *sigh*

Petersons said...

I can't believe Vicki said "sucks"! What?!

Nancy Face said...

Our cockatiel's name is T.J. after Lauren's fiance, Teddy James (because the bird wandered into our back yard and Ted caught it)!

I love saying Ty-Ty, by the way! :)

elasticwaistbandlady said...

My family reunion was in Branson Missouri last year and we couldn't afford to go. Besides if I can't see Andy Williams and The Osmond Brothers then really it wouldn't be worth going at all.

elasticwaistbandlady said...

How many times did they play Sister Sledge's We Are Family during the festivities? Come on, be honest!

Our family get-togethers around food and only food. It's so nice that you guys do activities and stuff.