Thursday, January 29, 2009

OK.....Joke is up people!

Don't give me that look. Where is it? Oh, don't play dumb now! (you can save that for every OTHER moment in your life!). I'm kidding people! Seriously now, where's the camera? I can't see it but you ALMOST had me going there. Yup, I was on the verge of FLIPPING OUT completely and I think quite possibly it may or may not have looked like a scene from the Exorcist. . . head spinning and all. But THEN I realized you guys were trying to see how long I'd put up with this continuous crap before I SNAPPED! I have to tell you it's worth it just to know you were doing it all in fun. . . .so where's the camera? When is it going to air on TV? I can HARDLY wait! You may have to tell them to delete some of my language. It wasn't my best performance. Boy I can hardly wait to be on TV!


You picked a good time to get under my skin. After dealing with the deaths of two family members within a month, I was feeling down. And THEN this. Yeah, nothing like enjoying the unusual rain storm in January and then having the entire basement flood in my house. That was pretty tricky!Oh, and I had just finished saying that nothing is worse than a water flooded basement.. . . Um, I now beg to differ. You see POO water flooding your basement is MUCH worse. You really out- did yourself with that one! HAHAHAha haha ha. Ahem. Anyway, you ALMOST had me going! I JUST ABOUT thought that I was having a terrible streak of really crappy luck (no pun intended). But then I realized you were up to your old tricks again! I owe you BIG time!


Yes our basement looks and smells a bit like the picture above. Not a pretty sight at all! OH, by the way, next time you try to pull one over on me, you MIGHT want to NOT do the same tricks to my next door neighbors (Sister & BIL). Although we do like to do things together, cleaning up raw sewage is NOT one of them. Thanks anyway!!





9 comments:

Jen said...

Oh Di, may the gods bless you with much Diet Coke in this time of great distress.

Joanna said...

I know that this isn't really a laughing matter, but your post had me in stitches! SORRY! :S If you need anything let us know! We offered to let your neighbors borrow our steam cleaner, when it gets here eventually, so same goes for you guys. It won't be here til late Feb., but at least it will steam the crap out of your basement...HAHAHA :D

Nancy Face said...

OH! MY! GOODNESS! :0

Nancy Face said...

I am really so sorry! I love talking about poop and joking about poop, but not when it's REAL POOP floating in nice people's basements! :(

Nancy Face said...

You sure did an awesome job writing a funny post about a crappy situation! :)

Jean Knee said...

Shit Happens

BWAAHHAAAAHAA HAAAA

I crack myself up sometimes

Kathi D said...

Oh darn, you mean my little cosmic joke didn't go over well? I thought the poo part would make you laugh.

Kathi D said...

P.S. You do a great job of making light of the worst situations. My mom always used to say "You might as well laugh as cry" and you are the living embodiment of that philosophy.

I am a mother! said...

That STINKS (literally and figuratively). I am SO SORRY!!!! I hope it gets cleaned up quickly so that life can get back to normal.