Monday, April 20, 2009

Sock it to me baby!

What started out as a crappy, snowy week ended up as anything BUT crappy! Yes we did get our crazy post Easter snowstorm and YES I was really bugged. (Really that's an understatement and I was pondering a move to Arizona:) But the mailman showed up with a package just for me!! What in the world? Surely I would remember if I had made an online purchase wouldn't I? I quickly grabbed the box and to my sweet surprise it was from my dear blog friend Alice!! You must remember Alice and my "Hot Sox" post?? I'm telling you that she is the queen of HOT SOX! I proudly wear my hot sox to work or to play or around the house....all of them. NOT at once of course but they all get equal wear!
I tore open the box to find this.

What could it be???


HOLY HOT SOX! Check out these babies!! Little did Alice know that in Utah we were pondering having another Christmas with the Season being as such! THEY ARE PERFECT!! I made a few laps around the house sporting these fabulous finds and I jingled all the way! NO kidding!!




And that's not all she sent! I was just as surprised and delighted to score some adorable penguin, striped, fancy socks! and YES they are toe socks! Seriously Alice you outdid yourself! And I would bet that you NEVER in a million years thought of wearing them with hot pink and white striped PJs did you? I know! I'm starting one sexy soxy trend here! Don't be haten'!

I'm not sure if I can top these amazing sox Alice but I will be sending some finds your way!! And although this was the high light of my week, I did have a few other things going on.

I got a hair cut and color (pictures to come later when I've lost 40 pounds....in other words NEVER) OK, I will show you if you beg enough!

I got word that my job is moving a bit farther North. Still in driving distance but POO I hate to drive and even worse, stupid traffic. My hubby has 6 days until he finds out if his job has been cut. OH the fun never ends does it??

And I turned a year older. That is about all for me week! How was yours? I am sure it can't top my sweet sox but go ahead and pretend!

The end

10 comments:

I am a mother! said...

Nice sox! Hope you had a happy birthday and my fingers are crossed for your husband's job.

Jana Nielson said...

"With rings on her fingers, and bells on her toes. She shall make music wherever she goes." I love that quote....but it is funnier if you change wherever to when ever...heh heh heh.

Kathi D said...

Happy Birthday!!!! The sox ROCK!

Jen said...

picture picture picture! I am thinking of a little high-lighting.

Love the socks. We can't wear them around here anymore because it has been blasted hot.

Nancy Face said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY! :D

If you look up "hot sox" in the dictionary, I'm sure that picture of your feetsies will be there! The jammies make it even MORE perfect! :D

Jean Knee said...

what? turned a year older?

aren't you ancient enough already?

Jean Knee said...

kewl sox

Lizard said...

Those sox are Killa'! I myself am a huge fan of toe sox even though most people think they are creepy and wierd. Whateves! :)

Beardall Family said...

I am laughing out loud - you are killing me! It really isn't fair that you won't be coming to youth conference and girls camp. If I have to go, so do you! Once again I will miss your presence at these blessed functions! By the way - still no capri wearing! The control is mind-boggling, but I am trying not to murmur or speak ill! I better just sew my mouth shut!

Jillybean said...

Cool socks!!

I laughed out loud at your comment about moving to Arizona. We were in Arizona for Easter weekend and it snowed.