Tuesday, January 5, 2010

Don't Blow An Ovary (And other mishaps you might experience having realized I finally posted)

Yup! It's true! It's really me!!.....Me, Diana! Holy cow you have a short memory! Lucky for you I have included a picture of myself JUST in case you also forgot what I look like. And if you don't remember me looking like that picture, it may just be because I got a REALLY short haircut. I have to be sassy you know....I'm getting old. Plus an HR Manager should look sassy right?....or was that Bi*#%y? I digress.
Christmas Eve is always a good time at my parent's house. We have the traditional smoked turkey, clam chowder and all sorts of yummy fattening goods! Once we are good and stuffed, the kids open a present of pajamas and are required to do a fashion show for all to see. Keisha was a loser and wouldn't do the catwalk but dang she is sporting those Hello Kitty jammies with great fashion.
Back at my house, we were joined by my son and his wife and of course my adorable grandson. He looks just like his glamma don't you think? OK, so at least we have the chubby cheeks in common. I'll take what I can get! Wouldn't he make one cute elf?


Sarah, Ty and Jake posing for a picture while Jake and Sarah open their PJs. And NO I didn't force them to do that catwalk in theirs. Check out Beaux assisting Jake with his gift. I have never re-wrapped so many gifts in my life. He managed to unwrap about 9 presents to punish us while we were away. Crazy dog!


Christmas morning is always a treat since the kids rise at 5:30....yawn! It's tradition that I take a picture of them by their gifts before they can open them. They sure love that tradition! And they always look so darn excited for the shot too! The other tradition is that NOBODY can take a picture of mom on Christmas morning. Nope! Not having it! I don't want that stuff being passed around or worse yet, splashed all over the internets;)


Ty seems pretty enthused with his orange. Silly Santa actually wasted money and bought gifts! Duh! Beaux is licking his lips at the looks of that orange.



Alex makes a really lame Vanna. Just saying. I do have to give him an A for effort as he is more animated than all my other kids put together at Christmas.



That concludes our Christmas Eve and Christmas photo extravaganza. I took more but I am just plain pooped out! This working hard is kicking my butt! I seem to want to veg when I get home after a crazy day of whining employees;) No seriously, they are great (for the most part) and life is good....and going...super fast like! I hope that you all had a wonderful holiday season.
STAY TUNED BECAUSE I SERIOUSLY AM GOING TO POST AGAIN SOON...I SWEAR IT! I have other adventures to share but..must..get...sleep....too...weak....too...tired. Get off my back! I know it's only 6:45 p.m. but bedtime has been known to accidentally happen at 7! I'm old..GAH!

7 comments:

Kathi D said...

Oh man, just lost both of my ovaries. Whomp!

The baby looks exactly like you if you would have a brow lift that went a little bit too far giving you that surprised look, not that I know anybody that has happened to, from my long residency in Orange County, California.

Also, we ALWAYS had a orange in the toe of our stockings! I have no idea what happened to them as we ripped into the 1 lb. bag of M&Ms we also always had. But we would have been shocked not to get an orange (and some nuts, and an apple too).

Lesley said...

My goodness, it's great to have you back. We went to the Lake District (North West england) for Christmas and New Years. It's our annual treat to ourselves, and yes, Santa did manage to get through the snow, and we had a stocking, complete with orange, apple, chocolate coins, Christmas cake, cinnamom shortbread etc. It was magical. So pleased to see you again. I hope you (and your family) have a wonderful New Year

Jenny said...

Diana? Diana who? Just kidding I am almost as bad as you. Love all your cute kiddies and I just want to squish those cheeks of Rykers

Petersons said...

Did I mention I still have your DAMN glass pan? Damn me! I was going to wrap it and give it back at Christmas...but then I got sick of wrapping and just plain forgot again to bring it to you.
So...this week I PROMISE!!

Carrot Jello said...

I've got to sit down. I just blew an ovary.

Unknown said...

Lucky for me.......no more ovaries!! Glad you are back on because our Saturday morning conversations just don't do the trick......miss seeing you during the week!

Anonymous said...

I wish not concur on it. I regard as warm-hearted post. Expressly the title attracted me to review the whole story.